FAQ Medical Concierge Program
A Lifestyle Concierge program is designed to help patients take control of their own health. Some questions that patients may have.
- 1. Does my doctor still take my insurance?
Yes. We are currently still contracted with Medicare and many other insurance companies. We will bill your insurance as usual for your covered medical care. You will also, as before, be responsible for your deductible and copays.
- 2. Is this program covered by insurance?
No. The fee for this program is for non-covered, non-medical services only (eg. 1 hour lifestyle medicine consultation, extended office visit times, emailing with your doctor, private phone line, hospital social visits and more).
- 3. Why should I pay for this when I already pay for health insurance?
The current healthcare model is unsustainable and does not allow for unhurried appointments and a more personal partnership with your doctor. This can only be done with a concierge style practice.
- 4. Can I make installment payments for the Lifestyle Medicine Program?
Yes. Several payments plans are available including a monthly payment plan which can be arranged at our office. We accept check or credit card for payments.
- 5. Is the fee tax-deductible? May I use my Health Savings Account for the fees?
We recommend that you discuss this with your tax advisor or the administrator of your HSA.